Shipping Container Home Construction modifications
Container Home construction options.
The Cuts are the first thing we do after the container arrives at our workshop. We have many different cuts, from doors to windows to roofs and even the floor. After the cutting we do two important things that most people don’t know is important. Directly after the cuts the two important things to remember is:
- Paint both the cut area and the freshly welded spots with an anti-corrosive paint. The rust will begin in one day if you do not. The rust starts almost immediately after the metal is exposed. This will save you the agony of sanding down the areas later.
- Clean the entire area of the container after you have cut and/or welded. Use a broom, air-compressor or towels. This is very important because if it rains, or your container collects moisture in the night, the metal debris will stain your floor permanently and will cause rust on every part it comes in contact with.
Price list for modifications
Some of our clients prefer to build the container home themselves, but do not want to modify the metal cutouts and welding. So we offer them a fair competitive price on this work.
Generally we charge the following:
- The price of the container. 20ft Container: $3500 40ft HQ Container: $5000
- Transport from San Jose to San Ramon: $100-300
- Unloading then reloading: $100
- Frame out entire home. 20ft Home $1500 40ft Home: $2700
- Electricity.(110/220) 20ft Home $500 40ft Home: $1500
- Steel slider door: 6-8ft wide: $650-$975.
- Standard Door: Re-using the cutout: $200
- Windows(1mx1m):steel cut out and framing(not including glass): $200 each.
- Lock Box: $125 each.
- Sanding Down and coating the container floor: $175-250